I installed ICEnhancer around a month or so ago. The mod was never really how I would like to be (red sky, laggy, too much saturation, cut scenes didn't work, etc...) so I just uninstalled GTA IV. When I launched GTA after re-installing, the graphics GUI part of the mod still existed. The resolution was fixed at 800x600 (57hz) and all of the settings were on very low and the game looked horrible and was practically unplayable. I ended up doing all of the following to attempt to solve this issue.
- I uninstalled GTAIV multiple different times. (includes making sure GTAIV was deleted entirely from steamapps/common)
- I used fresh files from a friends GTAIV (same problem)
- Removed everything in my appdata > local > rockstar games folder
- deleted all backups of the GTAIV game so that steam doesn't install from those.
- watched numerous tutorial videos on how to install ICEnhancer, then reversing the process to uninstall ICEnhancer (the problem is, none of the files from ICEnhancer actually exist in my GTA folder for some reason)
- Google'd the crap out of it, to no avail. (learned that pretty much no one in existence had the same problem as me.)
- Uninstalled Steam (including all of my games in attempt to remove any nests of gtaIV anywhere)
If any of you have any idea how to remove this horrible virus of a mod, that would be amazing. I have no Idea what to do anymore and have been at it for the past 3 days. Thank you for your help.
Not sure if you will see this or you are even bothered at this point but to get rid off the low settings go on your launch option and enter "-norestrictions"